What Is Oracle ReviewLite? Let’s Explore!
Oracle ReviewLite is a script that is part of the Oracle LMS Collection Tool, the toolset Oracle uses to audit customers and certify Oracle ULAs. Vendors who want to be verified by Oracle are given a copy of this script. The Script only covers Oracle database products. Different scripts are used for other Oracle software products.
ReviewLite is an SQL*Plus script that measures static information, including the number of users (declared in the database), the database version installed, the number of processors (generally the logical processors), the options used, session information, and high watermarks.
The script needs to be executed wherever there is an Oracle database installed, it does not have a discovery functionality.
What Will the Oracle ReviewLite Script Generate When Used?
The script will generate eleven spool files upon running:
Shows a summary of the server information and number of users for the database.
This displays the data from the v$OPTION view.
Used to determine which options are installed and being used in the database.
Used to determine which options are installed and being used for versions 11g and above. Displays the data in the DBA_Feature_Usage_Statistics table.
Displays the value of the CPU_Count parameter for the database.
Displays the partitions in the database and the owner of each. This is used to help determine if the customer is using partitioning. Refer to the Options query output for more information about partitioning.
Displays the number of named users created in the database and user details, including username, user_id, tablespace information, created date, and profile. Passwords are not collected.
Displays the version of the database.
Used to determine the Highwater-mark in each database.
Used to determine all concurrent devices that accessed the database.
Used to detect usage of various Oracle products.
How Redress Compliance Can Help with Your Oracle Licensing Assessment Needs
Oracle licensing assessment is a service that includes analyzing the Oracle review script output to determine Oracle license compliance.
- The service involves conducting an in-depth analysis of your organization’s usage of Oracle software to determine if it complies with Oracle’s licensing policies.
- The first step is to run the Oracle review script, which gathers data on the software products installed and used in your environment.
- Our team of experts then examines the script’s output and analyzes the data to determine whether you comply with the terms of your Oracle licenses.
- We identify any instances where your usage of Oracle software may be out of compliance, such as using more licenses than you have purchased or used software features that require additional licenses.
- Based on our analysis, we provide recommendations on bringing your organization into compliance with Oracle’s licensing policies. This may involve reconfiguring your software usage, purchasing additional licenses, or negotiating with Oracle to resolve licensing issues.
- Our team can also provide ongoing support to help ensure continued compliance with Oracle’s licensing policies, including regular license usage reviews and help with license renewals.