Introduction to Oracle GoldenGate Licensing
This article provides a comprehensive understanding of Oracle GoldenGate Licensing, a crucial aspect of utilizing Oracle’s suite of data replication tools. The key takeaways include:
- Oracle GoldenGate Licensing: Oracle GoldenGate is a powerful tool for capturing real-time change data and moving large volumes of transactional data between databases. It requires licensing for both the source and target databases.
- Licensing Metrics: Oracle GoldenGate can be licensed with named user plus or processor metrics. The license fee for a processor is $17,500.
- Oracle Active Data Guard: Oracle Active Data Guard is included in Oracle GoldenGate licenses and does not need to be licensed separately.
- Common Compliance Issues: Common compliance issues include using GoldenGate for non-Oracle databases, not licensing both source and target databases, and miscalculating the core factor table.
Oracle GoldenGate Licensing Summary of this article
- Oracle GoldenGate allows for capturing real-time change data in a centralized, log-based environment and moving large volumes of transactional data between databases with low latency while maintaining data integrity.
- To determine how many licenses are required Goldengate is using Oracle core-factor licensing.
- Goldengate requires both the target and source to be licensed.
- Goldengate can be licensed with named user plus and or processor metrics
- Goldengate license fee for processors is $ 17,500
- Oracle Active Data Guard is included in Oracle GoldenGate licenses and does not need to be licensed separately.
- Oracle GoldenGate can be purchased on volume agreement or via Oracle ULA
Oracle GoldenGate Licensing
- Oracle Goldengate can be licensed under the named user plus license and processor metric.
- You must license both the source and target hosts.
You can purchase Oracle Goldengate on a volume agreement or by signing an Oracle ULA.
But when you want to undergo Oracle ULA certification you must calculate the licenses correctly.
Oracle GoldenGate, only (a) the users of the Oracle database from which you capture data and (b) the users of the Oracle database where you will apply the data must be counted for the purpose of determining the number of licenses required
Oracle GoldenGate Licensing for non-Oracle Database
- Oracle GoldenGate for Non-Oracle Database, only (a) the users of the Non-Oracle database from which you capture data and (b) the users of the Non-Oracle database where you will apply the data must be counted to determine the number of licenses required
- Oracle GoldenGate for Non-Oracle Database, only (a) the processors running the Non-Oracle database from which you capture data and (b) the processors running the Non-Oracle database where you will apply the data must be counted to determine the number of licenses required.
Common reasons for being out of compliant with Oracle GoldenGate
- You use Goldengate for non-Oracle databases, which requires a different Goldengate product.
- You do not license both source and target.
- You miscalculate the core factor table and don’t fully understand Oracle licensing rules and policies.
Goldengate Licensing – Frequently asked questions.
How do I license Oracle GoldenGate?
Determine which Goldengate product you need. The second step is to review the source and target servers to calculate the required licenses.
How to license Oracle GoldenGate in AWS?
You apply the Oracle cloud policy for AWS., where you count 2vCPU as one processor license if multi-threading is enabled.
How to license Oracle Goldengate in Azure?
The same rule applies in Azure – You use the Oracle cloud policy, which counts 2vCPU as one processor license if multi-threading is enabled.
What is the most common noncompliance issue with Goldengate?
That end customer incorrectly does not license both target and source servers.
If we own a license for Goldengate, can we use Active Dataguard?
Yes, the Goldengate product includes a license for Active Dataguard. However, you must also own an Oracle Database Enterprise Edition License.
Take Control of Your Oracle GoldenGate Licensing Today!
Navigating the complexities of Oracle GoldenGate licensing can be challenging, but you don’t have to do it alone. At Redress Compliance, we help you understand and optimize your Oracle GoldenGate licenses.
Whether you’re just starting with Oracle GoldenGate or looking to ensure your existing licenses are compliant, our Oracle licensing experts can provide the guidance and support you need.
Don’t let licensing complexities hold you back. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you take control of your Oracle GoldenGate licensing.