How to license Oracle Java and avoid Oracle Java audit.
For full on demand training video go to:
Here you will also have access to all our other FREE Oracle license training.
For more information visit us at redresscompliance.com
Below is what you will learn by attending:
• Understand the Java licensing agreement
• Learn how Java is licensed, per user and per processor.
• Learn what agreement options are available in the market.
• Examples on how to start a Java SAM project internally at your company.
Who should attend the training:
• License Manager
• Software Asset Managers
• Sourcing & Vendor Professionals.
• Application Owners
• IT Managers
• Project Managers
Why Java is not free – Part 1.
• Java License Training
• The history of Java licensing.
• Oracle buys SUN and release Java via BCL
• Common misconceptions: “Java was not free and is not free for older versions of Java”
• What do we know about Oracle’s Java audits?
Java License Agreement Analysis – Part 2
• In this area we will review the agreement itself.
• In-depth review & analysis of the Java license agreement
• Non general-purpose text – what does it mean for customers?
Practical, starting a Java license review – Part 3
• What data do you need to review your Java license position
• What tools are capable of helping you gather relevant data
• What to look for and what requires a license
A proven 4 step plan that delivers a baseline – Part 4
1. Collect data – what is required.
2. Analysing the data – what to look at.
3. Internal project team with application owners and legal
4. Java license optimisation
Secondary licensing considerations – Part 5
• Java commercial features
• MSI Enterprise installer
• Support requirements
Questions and answers – Part 6
We have the best licensing minds in the business combined with contract experts delivering Oracle license management services to clients in 19 countries.
© 2020 Redress Compliance.
To request a copy
please provide us with the following details: