Oracle Universal Cloud Credits (UCC) offer a flexible buying and consumption model for Oracle’s Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) offerings.
However, to maximize the value of this investment, it’s crucial to optimize the usage of UCC.
This article provides a comprehensive guide to Oracle UCC cost optimization, helping you avoid over-committing and maximize cost savings.
Critical Strategies for Oracle UCC Cost Optimization
To optimize the cost of Oracle UCC, consider the following strategies:
- Avoid underutilization: Ensure that you consume services equal to Oracle’s monthly fee for the cloud credits. Consuming less means giving money to Oracle for services you’re not using, while consuming more requires paying extra fees.
- Evaluate different pricing models: Compare the Pay-as-You-Go (PAYG) model, Annual Universal Credits, and other available pricing options to determine the most cost-effective choice for your organization.
- Leverage discounts and incentives: Oracle offers various support programs and incentives based on consumption, which can increase discounts from 10% to 40-50%. Make sure to take advantage of these opportunities to maximize cost savings.
- Optimize cloud instances: If you are already using Oracle UCC, there is a high chance that you are not optimizing your current instances. Consider using third-party tools or services to help you optimize your cloud spending rather than relying solely on Oracle’s cloud advisor.
- Implement cost-saving recommendations: Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) provides cost-saving recommendations under the Account Center. Implementing these recommendations can help you reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Monitor and manage usage: Track and manage your cloud usage to ensure you use the most cost-effective services without overspending on unnecessary resources.
- Negotiate contracts: Understand the volume discount structure and negotiate with Oracle to get the best possible discounts on your UCC contract.
By implementing these strategies, you can optimize the cost of Oracle UCC and ensure that your organization gets the most value from its investment in Oracle Cloud services.
What are Oracle Universal Cloud Credits (UCC)?
Oracle UCC is a flexible buying and consumption model for Oracle’s PaaS and IaaS offerings. The UCC program allows customers to commit upfront to an annual pool of funds or credits that can be used for future usage of eligible Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and platform services.
How can I avoid underutilization of Oracle UCC?
Ensure you consume services equal to Oracle’s monthly fee for the cloud credits. Consuming less means giving money to Oracle for services you’re not using, while consuming more requires paying extra fees.
How can I optimize my cloud instances?
Consider using third-party tools or services to help you optimize your cloud spending rather than relying solely on Oracle’s cloud advisor.
By understanding and implementing these cost optimization strategies, businesses can maximize their Oracle UCC, achieving greater cost savings and operational efficiency.