Oracle License Optimization
Oracle license optimisation – Why should you care? You should care because Oracle software licenses are famously very expensive, Oracle database enterprise edition is priced at 47,500 $ per processor. Large Oracle customers can have thousands of database licenses. If you would simply be able to optimize small amounts, you can achieve real savings.
Top 5 ways for how to optimize Oracle licensing
- License non-prod environments with named user plus licenses and you will optimize the licensing with 50%. Far too many companies have incorrectly licensed non-prod with Oracle processor licensing.
- Oracle can grant special licensing rights for test and development environments, lowering the user minimums for database products from 25 per processor to 10. That would cut licensing costs with 60%.
- Oracle applications usage, review if the users that currently have access to Oracle EBS or similar do need to keep the license. Our experience auditing many Oracle EBS environments is that over 30% of all users do not need access to the application.
- Review if the hardware platform you are running on, allows for hard partitioning or sub capacity licensing. If it doesn’t, investigate changing to a hardware platform that is allowed to have sub-capacity licensing.– that can yield great Oracle licensing optimisation results.
- Move to Oracle Cloud, the only platform that allows you to license both on vCPU and you can choose all Oracle products that you need. AWS and Azure allows for vCPU licensing however it is only available for Bring-Your-Own-License
If you would like to be updated on Oracle licensing and receive more tips, follow us on
✔️ Follow us on LinkedIn
✔️ Subscribe to our channel on YouTube
If you are looking at optimizing your Oracle software licenses and reducing costs we can provide expert help. If you want to know more about our services, schedule an consultation.