Oracle License Expert
Oracle license expert can save your company millions by providing expertise around Oracle license management both in critical and non-critical situations. There are not many around the world who knows Oracle licensing, has worked at Oracle and are then working as a consultant – it’s a handful.
What is an Oracle License expert?
An Oracle license expert is someone who has spent decades of working with different Oracle licensing topics. Their focus may differ as Oracle has many product groups including Oracle Database, Oracle Middleware and Oracle applications. It is difficult for anyone to be an expert in all Oracle products. However, much of the foundation on how to license Oracle software is the same and can be applied across many product groups. An Oracle license expert is generally accepted as someone who has worked at Oracle for 5 years and have at least 10-15 years of only working on Oracle licensing topics.
Why should an Oracle license expert be independent?
Oracle is not different from other software vendors who have partnerships and reselling agreements with different companies. It is not uncommon that account managers at Oracle partners / resellers share information about possible compliance issues with Oracle. That in return leads to an Oracle license audit being sent by Oracle to the specific customer.
The most important reasons why you should work with someone who is independent – no matter how good hearted the consultant may be – is that Oracle licensing is not black and white many times. There are many scenarios where there are grey areas if you should purchase an Oracle license or not. When you ask the consultant about his advice or recommendations, you want to be certain that the advice is not influenced or shaped by any incentive that they may receive from Oracle.
The same goes if you are planning to move your Oracle workloads to public cloud such as AWS, Azure or Google. It is widely known that these vendors are offering incentives to Oracle licensing firms to recommend and steer clients to their direction while bad mouthing Oracle cloud. If you want to be certain the advice the Oracle license expert is giving on cloud, pick someone who is not an AWS, Azure or Google Partner.
5 reasons why you need an Oracle license expert
- An Oracle license expert can kill the Oracle license audit. If you hire someone who is known to be the best in the industry and the audit hasn’t begun expecting, you can pay zero to Oracle.
- An Oracle license expert can also save your Oracle ULA. If you are 2 years into your Oracle ULA and you haven’t maximized or reviewed your licensing. An Oracle licensing expert can in the last year of your Oracle ULA give you a strategy and lead the project to success.
- Oracle license optimisation – Do you want to save money on your Oracle software licenses? Best way is not to start negotiating on your support renewal, but it’s to look at what licenses are you using, how can you change license model and reduce your licensing costs.
- Oracle support reduction – The number one mistake IT procurement professionals make is that they believe they can with negotiation power reduce Oracle maintenance with 10-20% simply with negotiation. That’s the wrong way to go, Oracle support reduction is not achieved by negotiating with Oracle sales teams.
- Control over your Oracle software assets – Do you want to know as much as Oracle does about Oracle licensing models, contract terms and pricing? Hire an Oracle licensing expert and make him or her part of your team.
Do you need help with Oracle licensing? Contact us, we are leading independent Oracle licensing experts.
If you would like to be updated on Oracle licensing and receive more tips, follow us on
✔️ Follow us on LinkedIn
✔️ Subscribe to our channel on YouTube
If you want to hire an Oracle license expert, Contact Redress Compliance.