Oracle Cloud Guard – Introduction
Security becomes a top priority as more businesses move their workloads to the cloud. The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) offers a robust and secure cloud platform, but securing cloud environments can be complex and time-consuming.
Oracle Cloud Guard provides an automated security monitoring and response service that helps businesses detect and remediate security threats in real time. In this article, we’ll answer some of the most common questions about Oracle Cloud Guard, including what it is, whether it’s free, and which OCI services it covers.
What is Oracle Cloud Guard?
Oracle Cloud Guard is a cloud security monitoring service that provides continuous threat detection and remediation for OCI.
It monitors OCI resources for security threats, vulnerabilities, and misconfigurations and alerts users in real time when threats are detected. Cloud Guard also provides automated remediation for security threats, which helps prevent security incidents from occurring.
Is Oracle Cloud Guard free?
Oracle Cloud Guard is not free but offers a free trial for new customers. The trial includes 3000 free compute hours and 3TB of storage for 30 days.
After the trial, users are charged based on the number of policies they have and the number of resources they monitor.
Which OCI services are covered by Cloud Guard today?
Oracle Cloud Guard covers a wide range of OCI services, including:
- Block Volumes
- Object Storage
- Load Balancing
- Identity and Access Management
- Virtual Cloud Networks
- Key Management
- Security Zones
Oracle is continuously adding support for additional services, so the list of supported services will likely expand.
Features of Oracle Cloud Guard
Some of the key features of Oracle Cloud Guard include:
- Continuous Threat Monitoring: Cloud Guard monitors OCI resources in real time and provides alerts when security threats are detected.
- Automated Remediation: Cloud Guard provides automated remediation for security threats, which helps prevent security incidents from occurring.
- Security Policy Management: Cloud Guard allows users to create custom security policies and monitor resources against them.
- Integration with Oracle Security Services: Cloud Guard integrates with other Oracle security services, such as Oracle Identity Cloud Service and Oracle CASB Cloud Service, to provide a comprehensive security solution for OCI.
- API Integration: Cloud Guard provides an API that allows users to integrate security monitoring and response capabilities into their applications.
Oracle Cloud Guard is a powerful security monitoring and response service that provides real-time threat detection and automated remediation for OCI.
Its comprehensive coverage of OCI services, custom security policies, and integration with other Oracle security services makes it a valuable tool for businesses looking to secure their cloud environments.
Although it is not free, the free trial and flexible pricing options make it accessible to businesses of all sizes.
If you’re interested in Oracle Cloud Guard, make sure to review its features, pricing, and OCI service coverage to find the best security solution for your business needs.