A leading US healthcare provider was at a crossroads with their Oracle Unlimited License Agreement (ULA). Operating a complex database environment across on-premise, cloud, and virtual platforms, they were uncertain about renewing their Oracle ULA. The organization needed expert guidance to navigate this critical decision.
The healthcare provider grappled with a potential non-compliance risk of $200 million. The intricacies of their database environment made it challenging to comprehend their licensing position. They needed a comprehensive strategy to mitigate this risk and optimize their Oracle ULA.
Redress Compliance was brought on board to provide a holistic solution:
- Oracle License Scripts: Redress utilized Oracle license scripts to gain a clear understanding of the healthcare provider’s licensing position. This helped pinpoint areas of non-compliance and quantify the risk.
- Remediation Advice: Redress offered expert advice to address the identified non-compliance issues. Through effective remediation strategies, the risk was successfully reduced to zero.
- Oracle ULA Strategy: Redress crafted a bespoke Oracle ULA strategy for the healthcare provider. This strategy revealed that the organization could save $10 million by renewing its Oracle ULA due to future demand for additional licenses.
- Maximizing Current Oracle ULA: Redress implemented steps to maximize the value of the current Oracle ULA. This resulted in additional savings of over $150 million for the healthcare provider.
- ULA Certification Plan: Redress provided a detailed ULA certification plan to ensure the healthcare provider was fully prepared for the certification process. Some products were certified, and other products were included in a new ULA.
- Oracle ULA Documentation: Redress completed all the Oracle ULA documentation required for the certification process.
- Communication Advice: Redress provided answers and communication advice to ensure the healthcare provider was well-equipped to handle any queries or issues during the certification process.
The healthcare provider avoided a potential $200 million non-compliance risk and saved $10 million by renewing their Oracle ULA. Furthermore, they were able to maximize the value of their current Oracle ULA, resulting in additional savings of over $150 million.
Quote from the Director of Infrastructure
“Redress Compliance’s expertise and strategic approach have been invaluable. They not only helped us avoid a significant non-compliance risk but also enabled us to make substantial savings. Their comprehensive Oracle ULA strategy and support throughout the certification process were exceptional. We couldn’t have navigated this complex situation without them.”
This case study exemplifies Redress Compliance’s ability to provide comprehensive Oracle ULA solutions. By understanding each client’s unique needs and challenges, Redress Compliance can deliver strategies that not only mitigate risks but also result in significant savings.