A global automotive manufacturer was considering an Oracle Unlimited License Agreement (ULA) that included database, middleware, and Oracle-EBS. With a complex database environment across various platforms, they required expert assistance to evaluate the proposed ULA and determine if it fits their organization.
The manufacturer was confronting a potential non-compliance risk of $210 million. The multifaceted nature of their database environment made it challenging to comprehend their licensing position fully. They needed a comprehensive strategy to mitigate this risk and evaluate the proposed Oracle ULA.
Redress Compliance was enlisted to provide a strategic solution:
- Oracle License Review: Redress thoroughly reviewed the manufacturer’s Oracle licenses to understand their licensing position better. This helped identify areas of non-compliance and quantify the risk.
- Oracle ULA Training: Redress delivered Oracle ULA training to the manufacturer’s team to ensure they had a solid understanding of Oracle ULA and its implications.
- Licensing Assessment: Redress conducted a licensing assessment to identify potential areas of non-compliance.
- Remediation Advice: Redress provided expert advice to address the identified non-compliance issues. Effective mitigation strategies successfully reduced the risk from $210 million to $2 million.
- Oracle ULA Evaluation: Redress evaluated the proposed Oracle ULA contract, considering the lock-in surrounding the support contracts and payments. After a thorough evaluation, it was determined that the Oracle ULA was not the right fit for the manufacturer.
The manufacturer avoided a potential $210 million non-compliance risk and reduced it to $2 million through effective mitigation strategies. Furthermore, they decided to make a volume purchase for their need rather than entering an Oracle ULA, ensuring they only paid for what they needed.
Quote from the Vice President of IT
“The strategic insights and deep expertise of Redress Compliance have been crucial in our Oracle ULA evaluation process. Their comprehensive approach to Oracle ULA strategy, effective training, and unwavering support was instrumental in navigating the complexities of the proposed contract. They identified and helped us mitigate a substantial non-compliance risk and guided us in making an informed decision that was in the best interest of our organization. Their contribution has been pivotal in our IT strategy execution.”
This case study illustrates Redress Compliance’s ability to provide comprehensive Oracle ULA solutions. By understanding each client’s unique needs and challenges, Redress Compliance can deliver strategies that ensure compliance and guide clients in making informed decisions regarding Oracle ULAs.