A manufacturing company in Germany purchased Java SE licenses 3 years ago using old license metrics (NUP/CPU).
Now they were going into a renewal and Oracle said they could not renew unless they underwent an audit. The company decided rightly so to get expert help.
The Solution Employing a strategy to minimize the impact, Redress Compliance:
- Crafted an effective response strategy to Oracle’s audit inquiries.
- Performed a Java Licensing Assessment internally excluding Oracle insight.
- Designed a Java negotiation strategy and provided advice.
- The client shared our license report with Oracle showing they were in compliance with the old license metrics.
- Oracle tried to sell employee metrics with discounts 3 times until they finally agreed to sell legacy metrics.
- The customer saved 1,8m $ over 3 years by successfully purchasing licenses on the old license metric and avoiding the employee metric.
Redress Compliance’s expertise was helpful in our negotiations, they provided us with insights into what other organizations are facing and helped us in our licensing and negotiation results.
We recommend organizations that lack in-house expertise in Oracle and Java licensing to work with Redress. – Senior IT Procurement Specialist.